Wednesday, August 1, 2012

As Long As You Love Me




Happy Wednesday everyone! 

I'm really exhausted today, so I may be a little short on words. 

This is the second of the third installment of pictures that Becky took at her house. 

I really love this dress; it was my momma's! 

Speaking of my mom, yesterday was her birthday! I actually got to see her, too! She had stopped at my house on the way home from work to drop something off; I had asked her a cooking question, and convinced her to stay for supper! It was a good time. :) 












When I saw this cat in this picture, I DIED. He is just chillin' out there, like "Yeah, I'm in your picture. What ya going to do about it?" 



Dress - Hand-me-down from my mom. 
Shoes and Pin - Yard Sale finds
Hat and Suitcase - Thrifted (more about the suitcase here






Well, I better get to bed. Daycamp tomorrow: we are taking the kids to Hands on House, which is this amazing kids educational museum. I remember going to that in kindergarten. Funny thing? I remember the outfit I wore on that trip too. It was my favorite back in the day. I should see if I can find those pictures and scan them on here. 

Have a great night all!  

xoxo, 

Laura 

P.S. My housemate and I may or may not have listen to this 3x in the past 20 minutes. No shame. 




7 comments:

Rachel @ Making Life Fabulous said...

I love the colors in your outfit, and that hat is so cute! The shoes are my favorite though, they're lovely.

Unknown said...

I found your blog through Google and I just wanted to say that I think your writing is simply stunning! Thanks again for providing this content for free.
Hollister Sale

Marisa Noelle said...

Too gorgeous for words Laura! Your mother's dress is such a stunning piece and I simply adore how you styled it up with all the vintage accessories. A photobombing cat...hehe...so cute! xo Marisa

Alyssa said...

Instantly fell head over heals for your shoes!(:

Sara said...

Wow, you look so beautifully vintage. Those shoes are epic yard sale finds.

Lindsey A. Turner said...

Hi! Thanks for liking my shoes- I really like yours too! That last photo is so cute!

Lindsey Turner
http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love when I get vintage things from family members. I haven't gotten a lot of clothes, but I end up with plenty of jewelry. Your dress is classic and wonderfully retro. I really like your accessories too! Such a great suitcase.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Seeing them always put a smile on my face.
Be sure to link your blog and I'll be sure to check it out!

If you have any questions, you can always email me at laurasthriftingthroughlife@gmail.com

xoxo,
Laura