Friday, August 24, 2012

School Days

 Hey everyone! Hope that you are having an awesome day. 

I'm sorry about the picture overload that you are about to experience, but I am just so excited about these photos. They are from yesterday, which was the first day of classes and I think they may be my new favorite outfit photos. 





I am so happy to being taking outfit pictures with Amy again, because pictures like the one above just happen. I could never fake giggles like that. Those laughs are all natural, folks. :) 











Even though my semester is going to be pretty busy and hectic, I'm pretty excited for  my classes so far; two I haven't been to yet, so hopefully those are pretty awesome as well. I asked Amy how she felt about school so far, and she went  "Loving every minute of it!" It is because she is living with me, in thee coolest attic room  everz. 

 Let me just tell you how much I am in LOVE with my outfit. Seriously. It was comfortable, cool, and if I may be so bold, supermegafoxyawesomehot. (Sometimes when I'm excited I quote, A Very Potter Musical. It just sort of happens.) And Amy's outfit? SO adorable! I'm loving the sequins. We sort of have a problem with sequins in 408. They kind of turn us into party animals. (Read party animals as: "girls who listen to Justin Bieber too much.") 

Laura's Outfit Deets: 
Silk Shirt: Thrifted  - Also, I could tell you how awesome it is and why you should thrift silk shirts, but I'm going to let Jentine do that. My shirt was $1.50, to give you extra encouragement. 
Skirt: Thrifted 
Necklace: Thrifted 
Sandals: Thrifted 






Amy's Outfit: 
Shirt: Kmart - This shirt was called "Navajo Bling". We aren't really sure if that is considered politically incorrect or not. 
Pants: Hand me ups - they were from her younger brother; he was going to give them to Goodwill; Silly boys.
Sandals: Wal*Mart
Rings: The turquoise one was from a flea market and the purple one was a gift from Amy's boyfriend he bought it off of Etsy. 



xoxo, 

Laura and Amy 



18 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute look Laura. You always look so happy when you post on your blog. Cute pics. The color combo looks good.
Heathersthriftycloset.blogspot.com

Rachel @ Making Life Fabulous said...

I love your blue skirt! That shade of blue is one of my favorites! Good luck this semester!

Seeking Style said...

You should love your outfit - it's so cute!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Callie - Coffee and Cardigans said...

Super jealous that classes have started already for you ladies! I still have a month to go, but I am itching to be back on campus. Either way, adorable back to school looks. I love the blue skirt paired with the black top. Even better that it's such a thrifty outfit! Also love Laura's adorable purple pants. The color is great! Hope classes are off to a good start!

Callie
www.coffeeandcardigans.com

Anna said...

Love the cobalt blue skirt (it's a universally flattering color and looks good from season to season).

Wynne Prasetyo said...

Laura, i envy how summery you can look at school! schools in Indonesia have strict rules against "overly revealing" looks and tanktops and sandals are definitely prohibited.
Amy, the navajo bling and purple jeans go so well together. love!





WWW.FASHIONGEEKSCLOSET.COM

Dawniepants said...

Love both these outfits, so summery and pretty I esp love those sandals!!

dp
x
www.inanityandthegirl.com

Maria said...

You guys are adorable! I love these pictures, you look like you're having so much fun <3

Jen said...

You guys are too cute! I'm a new follower to your blog!

jen
lifewithasideoflove.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love the blue skirt! I love that those pants were the little brothers!

www.daisyraeboutique.com
www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

Abigail Mifsud said...

I love seeing all of these back to school posts in the blog world :D Your skirt combo is so lovely - perfect for this time of year. Hope it goes well! <3

A Splash of Ida said...

Hey there Laura! I'd just like to let you know that I really enjoy reading your blog. It's so interesting and just so cool. Because of this, I nominated you for the Liebster Award. :-) You can check out your nomination here! http://asplashofida.blogspot.ca/2012/08/my-first-liebster-award.html :-)
xoxo Ida

Katherine said...

oh i love both outfits! laura's hair looks super cute in that bun & amy's top is to die for.

<3 katherine
of corgis and cocktails

Mary Ann said...

You gals look great in your back to school outfits! Good luck with your studies and greetings from Atlanta. ;-)

Danielle Wallace said...

Love love love your outfit! I'm like you, I somewhat dress up to go to class. Look good, feel good right? :)

<3 Danielle

Goodwillista.blogspot.com

TheTinyHeart said...

You guys are too cute and hilarious! I miss picking out the perfect back to school outfit. I love the cobalt blue skirt and anything sequined is super fun! I'm a new follower :)

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart
Enter my jewelry giveaway!

Marielley said...

I am visiting from the linkup! I love love love your thrited finds! I am super jealous of that skirt! Come visit me sometime at www.lusciousmarielley.blogspot.com

Lindsey A. Turner said...

great color blocking! love these colors!

Lindsey
http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Seeing them always put a smile on my face.
Be sure to link your blog and I'll be sure to check it out!

If you have any questions, you can always email me at laurasthriftingthroughlife@gmail.com

xoxo,
Laura