Monday, September 3, 2012

Melmac Monday: Great Plates


Happy Labor Day Monday everyone! For those who are off school and work - congrats! I only have the luxury of being off one of the two. (I have class, but I don't have to work today.) 

Remember a month or so ago, I confessed that I had a lot of cups, but not a lot of plates, because I couldn't seem to find any I liked? (Post here). Well, folks, that all has changed! My last thrift find of the summer included these wonderful Melmac plates. I purchased 5 large ones and 8 smaller ones at .30 a piece, coming to a wonderful total of $3.90. So, I finally have some plates! I was so excited about them, that I bought 4 of each with me to school - replacing my flimsy plastic plates from Target. Isn't the pattern just the cutest?


In other news, these are the first pictures that I took with the DSLR that the school is so kindly letting me rent out for the semester. I just love that thing - it is going to be so hard to give it back come December. 






Classes are going pretty well, I just have a bad of habit of being crazy stressed out or way too lazy. There seems like there is no in between with me. I really need to work on that. Other than that, things have been pretty boring on the home-front. Hope that everyone had a fantastic weekend and has a great Monday night! 












xoxo, 

Laura 



6 comments:

vintage grey said...

Such a sweet set!! xo Heather

Marisa Noelle said...

Happy Labor Day Laura! Hope you got to enjoy the holiday a bit and de-stress. These plates are darling! How could I not just love a retro floral print like that!

Oh and so cool finding out you played the uke too! I simply can't put mine down :)

xo Marisa

Rachel @ Making Life Fabulous said...

Those plates are so pretty! I love the flowers.

Anonymous said...

great thrift!!! love the colors of them :) love from las vegas!!!
-jasmine o.

http://www.chicsincity.com/

Unknown said...

Those plates are so cute and happy!
Heathersthriftycloset.blogspot.com

Katherine said...

these are SO darn cute! i love the print and they are in such pristine condition - great find

<3 katherine
of corgis and cocktails

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Seeing them always put a smile on my face.
Be sure to link your blog and I'll be sure to check it out!

If you have any questions, you can always email me at laurasthriftingthroughlife@gmail.com

xoxo,
Laura