Friday, June 29, 2012

Friend Fashion: Sarandon



Hey all! I would like to introduce to you my gal pal, Sarandon. She is is one of the high school interns that I have the privilege of working with this summer!  

Read on to find out a little more about this lovely lady!













Name: Sarandon Smith
Age: 16
Hobbies: making art/music/people happy, working at a small town ice cream shop/ running the ship with the one and only Laura Whitman. 
Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?I want to go to Juniata College (Laura's note: 
Because that's where all the cool people go to college!)  majoring in religion and philosophy/art, then hopefully off to Bethany Seminary to study to become a Youth Pastor,  maybe with a year of Brethren Volunteer Service (BVS) between college and seminary. I want to find a guy who will travel the world with me.


Favorite movies: I love Harry Potter and sappy romantic comedies 


How would you describe your style?: My style is take what is clean and make it work.

Favorite quote: "Be who you are and say how you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Favorite place to shop: I love shopping at Jubilee (a local thrift store chain in our area), H&M, and Forever 21.

Favorite thrift store find: My chunk blue and white striped sweater that is filled with holes that my mother won't let me wear in public.

Whose style do you most admire?: I love Zooey Deschanel's style because she really knows how to rock retro/vintage clothing

Biggest fashion mistake: Not having enough confidence until lately!


Dress: Forever 21
Tank (over dress): Hand-me-down from a friend
Belt: Rue 21
Flip Flops: Gap





Thanks Saradon for such a lovely photo shoot/interview!

You can check out my other "Friend Fashion" post here!

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

xoxo, 

Laura 


9 comments:

Marisa Noelle said...

I gotta find that Jubilee store that you have been talking about:)

She is adorable Laura! I love her name and it's hard to believe she's only 16! Definitely have to agree with the Harry Potter and sappy romantic comedies for favorite movies - same here!

My hubby majored in the same thing and was a youth pastor for 6 years...now he's a lead one.

Great interview Laura! xx Marisa

Gaby said...

wow Laura you look so pretty without glasess,,and your eye are very beautiful

...Gaby-acentralamericangirl.blogspot.com

Sandra Leiva said...

Cute!

Jennifer Fabulous said...

She's adorable! Her dress is super cute as well. It looks fabulous on her. And I love that making people happy is one of her hobbies. That says a lot about her personality. :)

Vivi K said...

Love her outfit! She is so pretty!

Lindsey A. Turner said...

she is so cute! great life ambitions too!


Lindsey Turner
http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

very nice look, you are very pretty <3

Virginia said...

you have beautiful eyes!!!
what a nice blog you have!!
I've just started following you on GFC!
like to follow back? I hope so, i would be great to stay in contact!
kisses dear!
self-dressed.blogspot.com

Midwest Muse said...

This top is so pretty!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Seeing them always put a smile on my face.
Be sure to link your blog and I'll be sure to check it out!

If you have any questions, you can always email me at laurasthriftingthroughlife@gmail.com

xoxo,
Laura