Monday, November 19, 2012

Melmac Monday: Red Surprises.


Happy Monday ladies and gents! 

Hope that the weekend was smashing. 

Can you believe it? It is almost Thanksgiving!!!! Thank goodness. I'm so completely and utterly ready for a break. 

And the food, always the food. 


This lovely little Melmac beauty came to me this weekend quite as a surprise - literally! 

See, I was performing a sign language song with my gal pal, Kara at church this past Sunday. 


The morning started off sort of stressful, the music wasn't working right so I had to RUN back to my room to fix the MP3 to make it back to the church before the service started. 

And let me tell you there are very few things that will make Gingrich Girls (my mom's side of the family) get their jog on.

Things Gingrich Girls will Run For (c/o of my awesome cousin and fellow Gingrich Girl): 

1.) Dollar rummage sales

2.) To get the last piece of pumpkin bread.

And that's it. 

So, me running in this instance was a rare feat indeed.



So, I make it back to the church, cursing myself for how out of shape I am, walk into the sanctuary and my jaw just dropped. 

My mom and dad were there! 

They drove two hours to see me perform my sign language song! What amazing parents I have. 



After the service (and of course going out to eat), my mom gave this small bag. 

They had gone on vacation a couple of weeks ago and always try to get us something small when they go. I always joke with my mom saying, "you should just stop at a thrift store and get me something there - I'll appreciate it so much more than some tourist-y magnet with my name on it or a T-shirt with a dumb saying on it." 

And this time she listened and bought me this lovely red Melmac pitcher. Isn't it just a beaut? 

May or may not have it on my desk right now because I just like to look at it.

I'm just awkward like that.  




Also, why I can't I look at the word "Red" without thinking of T-Swift? Sad, but true. 

Have a great Monday everyone!

xoxo, 

Laura 











3 comments:

Midwest Muse said...

I have never heard Taylor Swift in my life. I'm pretty sure that's a good thing.

Sabrina said...

Quite an interesting little red post you've got here. And I think it's ever girl's mission to get the last slice of pumpkin bread!

Sincerely,
Sabrina

Marisa Noelle said...

Arg, Taylor Swift is everywhere these days! I think I had the exact same thought about the color red last week... Haha.

Your parents sound like sweethearts :). That must have been the loveliest surprise to see them at church for your performance.

Have the happiest Thanksgiving Laura!

Ps- I run for pumpkin bread too ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Seeing them always put a smile on my face.
Be sure to link your blog and I'll be sure to check it out!

If you have any questions, you can always email me at laurasthriftingthroughlife@gmail.com

xoxo,
Laura