Thursday, January 17, 2013

I Guess This is Growing Up


Hey everyone! Happy Thursday. 

Hope that you are having a great day! Tonight has been pretty relaxing, watching Funny Face; I just love this movie. S'wonderful. S'marvelous. Oh, Audrey Hepburn - no one can compare. 









I can't believe that tomorrow is my last day of full time work before school starts. I'm excited for classes to start again, but I have to admit that I'm going to miss working full time. That may make me a tad unusual, I guess, but, I just really am enjoying the office atmosphere.  I can't believe that in a year from now I will be starting my final semester, which will be the full time internship. 

Time is going by so fast. 






Enough about the future, that can get pretty terrifying fairly quickly, even though it is really exciting too! 

Remember how on Christmas Eve, I was house-sitting and had no clothes for church, so I just hit up my favorite thrift store? Well, this outfit was the result of that trip. 




I ended up not going to the service because it started to snow and I had to drive home in it, which was terrible I might add - never doing that again. 

So, I recreated the look again and Amy shot these pictures for me on her parent's back porch on our very windy hang out day. Can't wait for some roomie quality time this coming semester. We actually moved into a quad, so roommates nights are going to be a blast! 

Well, I'm off to watch Miss Hepburn say bonjour Paris! 

Have a great night everyone! 


Sweater : Thrifted: Vintage
Blouse: Thrifted 
Skirt: Thrifted 
Belt and Necklace: Thrifted 
Shoes: Thrifted: Ann Taylor (They were only 25 cents - total score!) 


xoxo, 

Laura 



25 comments:

Katie Burry said...

You look so pretty! I'm glad you're enjoying the Audrey Hepburn movie - I love her! <3

his little lady said...

You always put the cutest outfits together. Love this! :)
xo TJ

Tori Anne said...

cute outfit!! your blog is seriously the cutest thing, love it!!

Dearest Lou said...

you look great and i love your outfit! hopefully your classes aren't too difficult this semester (:

lauren, curious constellation said...

I'm loving the cardi and skirt combo! & I can definitely relate to all this future business. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you right now.

Micaela // Drifter and the Gypsy said...

This is a gorgeous outfit. Can't believe you got those shoes for only 25 cents!

mariaamelita said...

I love this outfit! Your posts are really positive and I like that! :)

http://marilovescupcakes.blogspot.com.ar

Jessi said...

Shoes for 25 cents?! Seriously?? WOW. Queen of thrifting!! I love the color of your top and that sweater is so nice, it'll go with everything!
-Jessi
haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

Fragile Bird said...

Cool look, love the belt and necklace

Please come by and check out my latest post :)

Helen

www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

x

Unknown said...

Very cute outfit! I have actually never watched that movie. In fact there are quite a few classic or timeless films i haven't seen. Maybe i should fix that...

I hope school goes well for you!

Maria said...

I can't get over how beautiful your smile is! Seeing you post-braces if getting me SO excited for when mine come off in October! Eep! I can't wait for my smile to be like that <3
xoxo Maria
P.s: Oh my gosh, Funny Face is one of my all time favourite movies (especially Audrey's)!

Unknown said...

Hey coming back to commment one more time, lol. I nominated you for the Liebster award today. Hopefully you haven't already done it....

http://www.nickichicki.com/2013/01/the-liebster-award.html

Midwest Muse said...

This necklace + belt are incredible. Such a cute outfit.

Unknown said...

You look amazing! I really love your necklace and belt an those flats are adorable. :) and funny face is an awesome movie!

Kisses, Lucy :)
stylewithoutlimits.blogspot.cz

Elana said...

I just looked through your past couple of posts that I missed and you have been KILLING IT lately! I love this look, especially the necklace and belt. And congrats on getting your braces off! You look gorgeous!

Lily Fang said...

Can't believe your shoes were so cheap! What a steal. I'm loving this pretty look--the blues look great together and your necklace is the perfect touch!

yiqin; said...

you look great <3

Katie Aman said...

What a beautiful outfit! I love that you had to shop for something in a pinch and came out with such loveliness. The flowy fabrics are so nice! Plus the bling is really pretty on you too. Funny Face is one of my very favorite films! Have fun with Audrey :)

Isabella said...

Such a cute outfit! Love your blog. xo http://viewsofnow.com/

Chioma said...

what a lovely look! that blue top and belt took it to another level :)

Chioma
C's Evolution of Style

Lindsey Louise Bales said...

oh, how cute you are! i adore your gold belt and the necklace, such statement pieces! your blog is lovely!

lindsey louise

hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

goodbadandfab said...

Just lovely! =)

www.goodbadandfab.com
personal style and fashion musings of a LA fashion lawyer living life in the fab lane!

Katherine said...

I had missed this dress before! I love love love this! The gold and blue are beautiful on you! I love aurdrey hepburn too - this kind of dress would have been something she would have worn definitely.
<3 katherine
of corgis & cocktails // fawn pendant giveaway

Unknown said...

This outfit is fu+king amazing! love it!!! <3


If u have any free time, please check out my new blog. <3

http://thecasualprincess.blogspot.com/

Sin12012 said...

You look so pretty ! :D

xo ,
Ana Catalarrana
http://Sinbowtie.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Seeing them always put a smile on my face.
Be sure to link your blog and I'll be sure to check it out!

If you have any questions, you can always email me at laurasthriftingthroughlife@gmail.com

xoxo,
Laura