Thursday, February 16, 2012

Summer Memories

One more day until the weekend!  I'm heading home this weekend, which means orthodontist appointment (yuck), thrifting with my cousin, and going out to eat with my family (YAY!)

Today I'm going to share a little flashback. These pictures (except the first) were all taken last summer, by my bestie, Becky. Looking at these make me long for 80 degree weather instead of the wintry/rainy disgusting-ness, I'm experiencing today.

I bought this dress at a thrift store in the town where I go to school, that unfortunately closed last year. They had a back room full of clothes and you could fill a bag for $5. So, two friends and I would go and split a bag (or sometimes two!) When the store closed, their entire store was fill a bag for $2! This dress was one of my finds from that day; I fixed it up a little and I adore it!

Have you ever gotten something amazing from a bag sale?

Before! 

After! 

Dress- Thrifted with alterations
Shoes- Payless 
































                                           Hope that everyone has a fantastic day!

Smile! 




5 comments:

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

I love the after of this dress! Such a cute transformation! xo

Unknown said...

Thank you so much!

I love your blog; it is definitely one of my faves. :)

Megan said...

Love the alterations that were made - the dress looks great! Pretty color on you too :)

I am a huge fan of thrifting, and I love seeing the potential in things most people would have passed up!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much!

Thrifting is definitely my favorite way to shop! :)

Anonymous said...

your blog is soo fun, lovely post
#following you

follow back soon ? :)
serenamariposa.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Seeing them always put a smile on my face.
Be sure to link your blog and I'll be sure to check it out!

If you have any questions, you can always email me at laurasthriftingthroughlife@gmail.com

xoxo,
Laura