Tuesday, July 9, 2013

One Thrift Trip: Red Like Cherries

Oh hey, there! 

I briefly mentioned a new blog post segment when I was crying (literally) over  that vintage wedding dress; which by the way, has another part to the story now updated on the post - check it out! 

Anywho, I got this idea back during Christmas when I had to buy a complete outfit for Christmas Eve service (post here) - that wasn't something I necessarily had done before. 

So, to make thrifting a little more challenging and different, I decided to try this again. Thus, I bring you "One Thrift Trip"outfits. Basically, I will go into a thrift store with a certain amount in cash, with the intent to buy things that I can wear together. I decided that if I have $5 or less, I have to find at least two major items that go together. If I have more than $5, I have to find all the major pieces - so basically everything, but accessories. 

For this trip, I went to Jubilee - my favorite thrift store, which is only a 2 minute walk from my house.  I only had $5 in my pocket, so this really was a challenge. 

And I scored. I got this striped top for $1 and these amazingly comfy red shoes for only $2. I have been wearing both of these pieces since in a lot of other ways - so versatile! Don't you just love those items? 

Well, I better jet - I have a bowl of chocolate peanut butter ice cream calling my name! Hope that everyone has a great night! 

P.S. Thanks to my wonderful friend Maggie for taking these shots for me! 









Shirt + Shoes: Thrifted: Jubilee 
Jeans: Hand me downs
Cami (underneath shirt): Wal*Mart
Hat + Necklace: Thrifted 


xoxo, 

Laura 

25 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the look<3 so cute yet simple.
Visit my blog whenever you had a chance, follow each other? :)
agustinmonica.blogspot.com
Bloglovin'

Marisa Noelle said...

Holy thrift finds! I was back home these past two weeks and I wish I would have thought to contact you (if you're even home) and do a thrift trip! I definitely need to make it to Jubilee on my next visit down - I can hardly believe how cheap you score those beauties for! Love this look to pieces :-)

xo Marisa

lanciacoriandoli said...

very cute look! love the shoes!

Love&Studs

Unknown said...

Can't believe you got those shoes for so little! They look amazing with your hat :)

Brandi said...

Ohhh my favorite thing is adding a pop of red to any outfit. You did it impeccably!

run-style-run.blogspot.com

Lucy- Does It Better said...

Great post, I really like your blog :)
Kisses from Poland :)

The Dragonfruit said...

How cute and Parisian do you look?? I love it! Those red shoes were definitely a score, and I adore your matching hat with it :)
Enter to win a Snoozer Loser pendant!
Trendy Teal

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

love love love this look Laura!! i love how it's understated and classy but super fun w/ the pops of red. what a super find on those shoes, I know ppl have similar ones from American Apparel. And you look beautiful in that hat, love the last shot. super fun challenge too, i should do that to not go overboard at thrift stores haha. looks like an amazing store though!
My blog: Cuddly Cacti
My E-Shop: Mitla Moda

lou said...

This outfit is very cute, love the hat!

~Lou~
Ps: i'm doing a fashion-related survey for my MSc dissertation, 5 mins, much much help ♥ https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2WNTNCY

Anonymous said...

I just love your pretty red hat! You are such a cutie!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Paulie Antiques said...

those red shoes with that hat are such a nice pop of color! :)

love, polly
www.pollybland.com

elleandbee said...

I love thrifting!! Such a cute outfit!!

Also: We're telling all our favourite blogs that they can get 10% off at shopfashionavenue.com.au with the discount code 7thand52nd - just enter it at checkout!!
Happy shopping lovely
xx
7thand52nd.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love the name of your blog! Youre too cute!

Head over to my blog for a giveaway!

http://thewearwithal.typepad.com/

Pooja Mittal said...

Hey,
nice post.. would you like to follow each other..!!
Keep in touch
www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

Katie Aman said...

Eee, this is one of my favorite outfits of yours! I absolutely LOVE the red hat my dear, it is so cute! I love the sound of a thrift trip like that, I've never tried to shop that way but it sounds so fun. Plus, those shoes were only two dollars? Craziness! That last shot of you is so gorgeous, look at your beautiful eyes! Also, so glad to hear that that wedding dress went to a more worthy cause *sigh of relief* Now it can be shown off in all of its glory :)

MILEX said...

oh my <3

lucia m said...

lovely top!


XX

WWW.AROUNDLUCIA.COM
WWW.AROUNDLUCIA.COM

goodbadandfab said...

Great post. You look great!

www.goodbadandfab.com
personal style and fashion musings of a LA fashion lawyer living life in the fab lane!

Unknown said...

These pieces were definitely thrift scores! You can wear them so many different ways! I love how you've paired them here though. This is such a neat idea to find whole - or almost whole - outfits in one trip. I think it'd be really fun to try that!

Temporary:Secretary said...

I need to get myself to a thrift store, asap! Although we call it "vintage shops" here, and they charge so much for things! This calls for a trip to the US! :-) x

Anonymous said...

Those shoes are a adorable! $5 is pretty tough! most of the thrift stores around me have had a price jump, nothing huge, but it's still a bummer!

Josie
FineandFeathered.com

Elana said...

I'm so jealous of these shoes! This is such a great idea and you seriously scored! Can't wait to see more of these posts :)

Kristian said...

THOSE SHOES!!!

You felt like Dorothy right? Red Shoes are the best and even better when you can secretly pretend you are wearing Ruby Slippers <3!

lucia m said...

loving the shoes!!

JUICY COUTURE BRACELET
GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG!

WWW.AROUNDLUCIA.COM

The Braided Bandit said...

LOVE this idea for a series! I adore the shoes you found, what an amazing find. I have a pair of red oxfords from American Apparel that look almost exactly like that and they are my favorite :)
xo Hannah

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Seeing them always put a smile on my face.
Be sure to link your blog and I'll be sure to check it out!

If you have any questions, you can always email me at laurasthriftingthroughlife@gmail.com

xoxo,
Laura