Friday, April 27, 2012

Cherry Blossoms, Mice, and Summer Plans








Shirt - Given to me by my wonderful friend Amanda
Skirt - Thrifted - Vintage - (It was only $1!) 
Sweater - Thrifted  
Shoes - Thrifted - Cole Haan
Bracelets - Gifts 


T - minus twelve days and counting! It is so close to summer I can taste it. I just have 3458769871 things to do before then, it feel likes. 

But soon, it will all be better. 

I don't know if I actually talked about my summer plans at all: 

First, I will be heading the Dominican Republic for two weeks to do volunteer work! I'm really excited. However, there is no Internet, so  will be MIA for two weeks, but I got some really awesome ladies to do some guest posting for me!

Secondly, I have a really amazing internship this summer. It is with my church; my denomination has an internship program for college students to intern at different churches. I got special permission to stay at my home church, because I will be traveling to India next spring and there are a lot of really neat and new young adult things at my church that are developing, so I wanted to stick around for that! However, they strongly encouraged that I did not live at my parent's house, so I get to live in one of the church owned houses this summer! I'm so excited to some decorating! I'll have a housemate, but I'm fine with that, especially since I already know her and she is so lovely! 

I also get the wonderful chance to do some traveling in the country with my internship, including Indiana, Tennessee, and St. Louis, MO. I'm going to be such a travel bee and I'm definitely okay with that!! I can do tons of thrifting in new places, which I haven't gotten to do in sooooooo long. 

Are you planning to travel anywhere this summer? 


Hope that everyone have a wonderful day/weekend! 

My roommate, some friends, and I are going thrifting tomorrow for a little stress reliever --- I have such awesome friends. :  ) 

xoxo, 
Laura 

Isn't he adorable? 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally love it and you are very pretty :)

Buttons Apart said...

Cute outfit! Sita xx

http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk/

Dearest Lou said...

Cute outfit Laura, thanks so much for the congrats! Means a lot. I was wondering if I could still get that guest post over to you today or is it too late?

xx
Cecilia
dearestlou.com

Unknown said...

The mouse is so cute! I've never seen one like it!

http://www.loganmakesamess.com/2012/04/fashion-messone-skirt-day-three.html

Sick by Trend said...

Love the sweater! :D I'm following

Check my blog and follow me if you like :)

xx

www.sickbytrend.com

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Seeing them always put a smile on my face.
Be sure to link your blog and I'll be sure to check it out!

If you have any questions, you can always email me at laurasthriftingthroughlife@gmail.com

xoxo,
Laura