Hey hey there everyone!
This is an outfit that I wore a little bit ago as you can still see snow on the ground which is no longer there (hallelujah!) I really like this dress - I got it from a consignment shop when I was in New York City last year when I was in Spring Break, so it has a lot of good memories attached to it.
How are you lately? Honestly, I have been feeling a little anxious this past week. I feel like graduation is looming over my head. Plus, I haven't been feeling well lately - I've been getting a lot of headaches and being highly tired lately. And whenever, that is happening I tend to let my past insecurities come back and effect me.
But, this is not the start of a pity-party or to ask for sympathies (although, that being said, I always appreciate everyone's support). However, I don't think that it is a stretch to think that we have all been there: stressed, worn-out, and/or confused.
So, something that I like to do when I'm having a bad day like this is think about some things that made me smile or laugh recently. Here goes:
- My cousin and have been using some really nerdy expletives lately such as, "What the Faulkner?," "Slaughterhouse Five," and "Wuthering Heights."
- The other night, I was watching Glee Season 1 and my housemate walked in eating some Sunchips. I started singing to her in a dramatic manner...for a good three minutes before she noticed. Someone was a little engrossed in her chips.
- I get to go visit some lovely ladies this weekend and I'm super pumped.
- I have been reading "The Host" and I just love getting lost in a fabulous book.
- My post title made me think of this hilarious song; I loved this musical. The songs were just so catchy and they remind me of singing them in gym class in high school with my bestie (yeah, we were those girls.)
So, the next time you may be feeling down, it might help to jot down a couple of positives; to really see the great things going on in your life.
Welp, I'm off to pack for the weekend. Have a fantastic night!
Dress - H&M - Buffalo Exchange
Sweater/Tights - Thrifted
Necklace - Giveaway Win
Boots - Christmas Gift - Kohl's
Belt - Inherited
Hoops - Thrifted (.50 - they came with another pair, so they were basically 2 for $1).