Monday, April 27, 2015

Castle Exploration


Hi there everyone!

I hope that you are all having a wonderful evening!

These pictures are from a couple of weeks ago when my wonderful friend Katie was visiting. Katie and I met about two years ago when we roomed together at a blogger meet-up in Pittsburgh! We had a grand old time getting lost in the city and talking about our favorite blogs.

Now, we don't live far apart at all, which is very exciting! So, she came to visit and stay at my house one weekend. We just talked, did some thrifting, watched movies, and ate lots of donuts. 

We also planned to do a photo shoot and I had the perfect place in mind! I discovered on my town's Instagram that there was a random castle along the river! A castle. So, of course that needed to happen.

It was quite a fun adventure exploring the random castle area. There was a moat and everything - which was super scary, especially since Katie was wearing heels. (I definitely went into my "mother" mode during that one.) But, it was a gorgeous day and a wonderful spot, and no one fell in the moat so all was well. 

I can't wait until Katie and I get together again soon - she and I always have a blast! 

You should definitely head on over to Katie's blog and check out what she was wearing that lovely day! 

I love this outfit too - this is a pretty typical work outfit, but one that makes me feel really awesome. This vintage skirt is just so perfect - if I could I would want this shape of skirt in a bunch of different patterns. I wasn't a huge fan when I bought it, but I think I'm becoming an old lady because I'm liking longer lengths more and more. 

Well, anyway, I best get to bed - work tomorrow and all that. 

Good night lovelies! 













Vintage sweater - Gift from a friend's grandmother 
Vintage skirt, Target booties, Pennsylvania dutch necklace, and tights- Thrifted 
Purse - Thrifted ($2.00)
Belt - from another thrifted dress




xoxo, 
Laura 

4 comments:

Cynthia Ann said...

That last pic of you by yourself is definitely my new favorite : )

Kati said...

Oh my, this outfit is just adorable! The skirt is too pretty and I also love your blue touches! And $2.00 for that bag is such a great bargain!

So nice to hear when friendships develop through blogs...

Have a great weekend,
-Kati

Indy said...

Wow, what a cool experience! Those photos are lovely - the setting is just superb! I especially love the black and white one! :)

ThriftyGirl51 said...

Great pictures and great to meet new friends : )

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Seeing them always put a smile on my face.
Be sure to link your blog and I'll be sure to check it out!

If you have any questions, you can always email me at laurasthriftingthroughlife@gmail.com

xoxo,
Laura