Friday, September 27, 2013

Crimson and Clover


Hey everyone! Hope that you are having a wonderful night. It is almost the weekend - hooray!

My weekend plans consists of watching 'Pretty in Pink' with my housemates, hitting up the best (and really, only) pub in town, reading some fun books, and helping out with my church's Heritage Fair. And I might just try to get  some homework and cleaning done in there, too. 


This past week has been pretty chill- I did well on those tests that I mentioned last time; thanks for all of you that wished me well! Senioritis has set in hardcore. I had friends describe it so accurately the other day: 

"High school senioritis should have prevented college senioritis, like a vaccine."

"No, high school senioritis is like chicken pox and college senioritis is like shingles.

Sooooo true. 

In other news, I was going to write a super sad and depressing paragraph about how senior year is so weird, where some days you are so happy and loving life and other days you feel like you just want to eat a lot of Swiss Rolls and watch 5 hours of "Orange is the New Black." 

But no, I watched this instead.

And boy, did that just make my night 10X better. 

Oh JGL. You make my life. 








Amy: 
Tee: Gap
Jeans: Thrifted
Shoes: TOMS
Scarf: Charlotte Russe 
Earrings: Forever 21
Owl Ring: Gift from Laura: Thrifted
Knuckle Rings: ALDO 










Laura:
Dress: Vintage: Mom's - it was one her old maternity dresses from the 70's.
Belt/Shoes: Thrifted
Gold bangles: Clothing swap. 



Have a fantastic weekend everyone! 

Oh by the way, I've been getting some spammy comments lately, so I added a comment approval on the blog. Just a heads up - thanks for understanding.

xoxo, 

Laura 

P.S. And just because: 




20 comments:

The Dragonfruit said...

Haha, oh man, the comparison of high school senioritis and college senioritis *giggles*
Not to mention, JGL (sigh). Lol that video made my night when I saw it too :)
Leeeerrrrvv that gorgeous deep green dress on you girly! You and Amy look adorable as always

The Dragonfruit Diaries

Sofie said...

Hahaha, I love the lip sync video! It's awesome! And your dress is so gorgeous!

Sofie x
http://littlegreensofie.blogspot.be/

|åƱȩȠȡȅɍ ȶῢⱠⱡⱣž said...

Haha! I love how quirky your photos are, they always make me smile :)
And I love that pink scarf!

Queenly Tan said...

Senior year is indeed the most dramatic part of being a school girl. Ohh, I remembered ours. :)
Smize with Style

The Photogramps said...

Love the emerald dress. Perfect for fall! I totally binge watch Orange is the New Black in 3 days. #noshame
xo
ashley
www.thephotogramps.blogspot.com

Jessi said...

Haha I'm liking the chicken pox - shingles comparison ;) Amy's big scarf is so fun and I love your dress, it's gorgeous!
Jessi
http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

The color of your dress looks so lovely on you!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Kendra Alexandra said...

Love both of your outfits!
Awesome post :)

Kendra
xx

Blog: Stolen Inspiration
Instagram: KendraAlexandra
Facebook: StolenInspiration

Unknown said...

That scarf is super cute, and woah my god that dress! The textures on the bodice are amaaazing! I love the reflective fabric and that emerald color! Score! <3

- Anna

www.melodicthriftychic.com

Unknown said...

Haha oh man I definitely had college senioritis too. And then I went straight on the grad school and was like, why was senior year senioritis-y again? This is also probably a reason why I'm so burned out with regard to school... but anyway.

Pretty in Pink is awesome and I need to watch it again asap. And Orange is the New Black was so so incredibly good. I can't wait for the new season.

Both of yo look super adorable in your outfits. I just love your pretty green dress. That color is so rich and striking.

Kati said...

Oh my, this dress is just adorable! The colour is too pretty and I also love silhouette!
You just have such great taste.

Have a great day,
-Kati

P.S.: Thanks for commenting on my last post - I highly appreciate it!

Amanda said...

That dress is absolutely adorable on you! I love, love, love the color!

Ashley of Southern (California) Belle said...

I love that this is a vintage maternity dress, it's so cute! I think that last picture is definitely my favorite too :)

xo

Ashley

Southern (California) Belle

Emma Clark said...

What a rockin' dress! I can't believe it's a maternity dress... Awesome!

Emma
freethesparrow.blogspot.com

Veronika Novotny said...

Love both of these awesome outfits. And I'm especially smitten with your vintage dress Laura it is SO pretty. I can see it working so well for colder months with tights & an adorable coat too!!

xo
By The Shore, a life + style blog

lisa said...

That dress is awesome- even better that it's from the fam!

Samantha said...

Why hello, fellow Orange is the New Black fan :) Senior year definitely has its pros and cons, no doubt about that! This dress is so precious and you matched the belt with it perfectly. And green is a great colour on you!

Midwest Muse said...

This dress is so unique and the color is beautiful on you.

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

I love the color of that dress! And it looks so pretty on you. :)

Unknown said...

Loving this look!
 FAB scarf and dress ladies!

Check out my blog too! http://myfashavenue.com/ 

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MyFashAvenue and Instagram:http://instagram.com/myfashavenue#

xo
Deanne Castro

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Seeing them always put a smile on my face.
Be sure to link your blog and I'll be sure to check it out!

If you have any questions, you can always email me at laurasthriftingthroughlife@gmail.com

xoxo,
Laura